Friday, January 28, 2011

Book Review: Save The Date

I just finished reviewing the book  Save the Date by Jenny B. JonesThomas Nelson Publishing provided this book for me in exchange for my review!
When Alex and Lucy pick out wedding invitations, they wonder if they can be printed in vanishing ink.  Former NFL star Alex Sinclair is a man who has it all--except the votes he needs to win his bid for Congress. Despite their mutual dislike, Alex makes Lucy a proposition: pose as his fiancée in return for the money she desperately needs. Bound to a man who isn't quite what he seems, Lucy will find her heart on the line--and maybe even her life. When God asks Alex and Lucy to scrap their playbook and follow his rules, will they finally say, "I do"?

I did struggle getting into this book the first few chapters.  It seemed it wasn't going to catch my attention.  But then - WOW - I got into it and couldn't put the book down!  The story was funny, entertaining, mysterious & captivating at the same time there was so much self-exploration and healing going on.  It was a very heart warming and moving story.  It made you look at your own life and what you could let go!  I liked that you never really knew which way the characters were going to go, it kept you interested & kept you reading the entire way through!  I am normally not a big Chick-Lit fan - but this book did it for me and would get me to pick up another Jenny B Jones book - she did a great job getting all the characters to come together and be entertwined while they all learned something about themselves!  

My Score for this book is 4 out of 5 because I felt it was slow getting into!

No comments:

Post a Comment