Thursday, January 3, 2013

Word of the Year!

It's the New Year and I used to think you HAD to make a New Years resolution!  I always tried but never came up with anything that I really wanted to change or do differently that I would stick with. it always felt very forced.  But this year I've come across a few blogs that do WORD OF THE YEAR!  This called my name, it seems easier to stick with, more truthful  - so I started thinking what my word for 2013 should be!  Lots came to mind - but finally I came to OPEN!



Here is the definition of open.
o·pen
/ˈōpən/
Adjective
Allowing access, passage, or a view through an empty space; not closed or blocked up: "the door was wide open".
Verb
Move or adjust (a door or window) so as to leave a space allowing access and view.
Noun
(Open) A championship or competition with no restrictions on who may qualify to compete.
Synonyms
adjective. frank - overt - candid - free - public
verb. unfold - begin - start - unlock
 
 
 
I want to be OPEN to:
new experiences
new chances
new opportunities
new ideas
new friendships/relationships
new ANYTHING!!!
 
I want to allow myself to be open to whatever will come in 2013!!
 
How about you - do you have a word for 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment