Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Have you ever?!

Hope you had a wonderful Fathers Day weekend!

D & I went to my parents house on Saturday night to celebrate with my Dad.  We had a great evening eating some awesome food and the weather was perfect so we played a few rounds of croquet.  Somehow Dad won both - we must have let him win because it was Fathers Day!!!

Then on Sunday D & I hosted his side!  But let me tell you what happened! 

 So on Friday night D & I did outside work all day & around 8:30 at night we got ready to go get our groceries for both Fathers day events.  I was going to make a cheesecake flavored salad for Sunday and needed cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix along with some misc things.  So we got all our groceries and headed home. 
All was well! 
Then Saturday I had an open house in Atwater so afterwards Dave met me & we parked my car in town & headed to Raymond to my parents. 
We were there until about 9:30!
  We stopped and got my car in Atwater & then Dave followed me to Litchfield.  On the way I almost hit a deer, a fox & a raccoon in about a 7 mile span!!!!!!!! 



We got back to his house, unpacked our vehicles & I started making my salad ( it needed to be made the night ahead of time).  So I start my salad & mix my pudding mix & cool whip together when I realize it seems REALLY thick.  I get out the recipe and read it - all seems fine, then I start to think - Dave told me I needed 4 small boxes of pudding to equal 1 large box - and BING a light goes on!  NO YOU DON"T!!!!!!!!!!  I have now DOUBLED my recipe!  So Dave & I head into Wal-Mart at 11:00 to get the rest of the ingredients.  We pull in to the parking lot at literally 10:59 - get to the door & it closed at 11:00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Did you know Wal-Marts close?!!!   I thought they were all open 24 hours a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So I left my salad until morning and D was nice enough to get up at 7:00 and go get my ingredients!!!!  I had enough of that salad to feed about 50 people!
It all worked out but have you ever done that?!!!! 
This is not my salad but was as close to what I made as I could find online!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your lovely day.
    I too woulld make salad for 50+,
    {or bannana creme pie, Dads favorite}
    Hugs for you and your Dad !!

    ReplyDelete