Thursday, August 4, 2011

Here's another story!

A few weeks ago on a Friday night at about 7:00 p.m. I go to meet a new client.  I've emailed with this gentleman and spoken to him on the phone but this is our first in person appointment. 

I go to meet him at a foreclosure - no big deal!  I get to the house prior to him (which I prefer to do) - go inside to find there is no electricity!! 

The buyer arrives and is about 300 lbs, with missing teeth and one eye that doesn't work - no big deal. 

However, I open the door to let him in and he (I think trying to be polite) kinds of ushers me in, in front of him.  We get in the house to this tiny little entryway and there is a bathroom door to the left and a door to the kitchen on the right which the buyer is blocking along with the outside door - I am now trapped inside the bathroom!!!!!!!!  At this point every crazy thought is running through my head - get out, run - you're faster than him - "damn I wish I had on heels! 

I offer to go out to my car & get a flashlight so we can see better & he says no & won't let me - I'm still stuck in the bathroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

 Pretty much petrified I finally find a way around him & get into the kitchen & start looking around all awkwardly!  I get to the living room and open the front door - wide open........to let light in, that's what I tell him at least!  He looks around and then wants to go in the basement - there was no way on earth I was going down there!  He did go by himself and look around but I stood at the top of the stairs with my phone in one hand debating which door was closer to get out if I needed to run!!!!!!!!!!!

I get him outside eventually but then he wants to go see the empty garage!  I do allow him into the garage & stand at the doorway not going fully inside!

He decides this house is too much work & we can finally leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment