Monday, April 11, 2011

Some Exciting News!

Dave & I are buying a house! 

This sort of came out of nowhere!  I felt like we were on this nice planned path and then WHAM!  Here's the perfect opportunity!

I'm a Realtor so I'm always sending Dave homes to look over and thought it's good for us to have an idea of what homes are going for!  This one popped up just outside of town on 4 acres with a triple stall garage and a pole shed!  Dave drove out there one evening and called me immediately and said we have to buy it!  I was like yeah, uh huh, sure ok!  He hasn't spoke with a lender yet, we don't know what the interior is like being it's a foreclosure, we need more information and I haven't seen any of it or the location.  I AM NOT A COUNTRY GIRL and this is on acreage in the country!

So Dave insists we look at it - so the next day I schedule a showing - but we each had to go on our own because of our schedules.  In the meantime I have him call a lender and find out what the payments would be, if he's pre-approved etc.  

We throw in an offer and they come back at full price ( because it's so new to the market and there was a ton of activity this is typical)!  So we decide to have his parents and brother come look at it.  We were with them at the property for over 2 hours - so we were very thorough!  We talked about it over the weekend - all weekend long and decide we are going to try to make another offer!  So Monday morning first thing we do!  Not until later in the afternoon that day do we find out she is submitting the offer after 3 - which means the bank won't look at it until Tuesday.  Then the listing agent proceeds to tell me that there is probably another offer coming in. 

Tuesday comes and goes with no word - Wednesday morning we find out there will be another offer so we now have to submit our highest and best offer!  It's a snow storm and nobody is going anywhere but I have no choice but to get to the office and submit the new offer!  So out in the blizzard I go!

I get to the office submit our final offer and within about 30 minutes I get a call from the listing agent.  She says to me: "so what's this?" I say you requested highest & best - she says oh but the other offer decided not to submit - phew!!!!!  Now we only have to wait for the bank to accept our offer!  However - this takes at least another 24 hours!  Finally we get the news - we got it!

Then we have to get through: 
A home inspection - check!
A septic inspection - check!
A water test - still waiting on results
An appraisal - soon to happen!

I'll keep you posted as we proceed!

No comments:

Post a Comment