Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day!

After being together this many years - Valentines doesn't mean we need to go out and buy expensive gifts or do extravagent things - but it is nice to get each other a card and spend some time together.  So I bought some salmon and "cooked" those!  Yes, I still call it cooking when you open the package and put it in a pan and put the food in the oven!  Let me tell you - this was some of the best salmon I've ever had!  It was No Name Salmon: No Name® Premium Salmon Fillets
I made these along with some potatoes and a salad!  It was nice to actually sit down at a table and eat together instead of rushing around or getting fast food or sitting in front of the TV!    So the salmon comes with those plastic pop up timers in them that tell you when they are done.  I knew it when I bought them but didn't give those little things much thought. I get to D's and I start opening the individually wrapped fillets and realize as I am doing this that I am pretty turned off by those little poppers - just thinking of them now makes my face cringe!  I think they bother me because that's just not a natural thing to be in the salmon!  Once D was home he had to take care of the salmon and pull out the little poppers because I couldn't even stand to think about them!  It's just not normal!!!

However, in natural Winter Widow Status I did end up sitting alone for about an hour while D talked on the phone about snowmobiles!  What would an evening have been without this event?!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment