Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Shiny Sequin Bible By Tommy Nelson Publishing

This is the Shiny Sequin Bible by Tommy Nelson Publishing and is the International Children's Bible.

I was so excited to get  this Bible and give it to my niece as a gift!  I was sure she would love it with the adorable box it comes in!  The pink cover is so CUTE with it's sequined harts and flowers!  I know as a little girl this is something I would have loved to receive!  In the back of the Bible are some nice colored maps, a nice dictionary and an index which are all helpful resources!

I did also try to find this bible on amazon.com and on barnesandnoble.com and was not able to find it on either website.  I was able to locate it on Christian Book.

The translation of this Bible is the International Children's Bible.  This did make it easier for a child to understand verses throughout he Bible.  I did also like the section that had verses aimed at areas such as, doing good, scripture memory, & happiness. However, I was a bit disappointed in the size of the font for young girls and I had expected it to be more of a study bible with more questions or easier reading.  My niece is 8 years old and is in advanced reading classes so for her it is fine, however if anyone was much younger than this I think it would be quite difficult to read and use.  I think it's fun for a first bible but not sure she'll keep it as she grows up and not sure she'll even use it much now.  I think it would have been a lot better if the font was bigger and more of a study bible  - even a few pictures throughout would have broken up the pages and made it more of an inviting Bible. I think this version is just to mature for young readers.  However, I think this is aimed at younger girls - might be a good version to start with in elementary but will need something different as they grow and mature.

Thanks to Booksneeze for the complementary copy of this Bible for reviewing purposes

No comments:

Post a Comment