Tuesday, July 26, 2011

YUMMMM!!!!!!

I was on vacation last week and it was great to get away & relax!!!!!  I enjoyed a week with family just eating, sleeping, laying in the sun watching my niece & nephew play in the water and did a little bit of fishing!  I do mean a little as the fishing was not good at all - I think it's the heat!!!

I have to share a recipe that my aunt & uncle made while we were on vacation at what they called the R&M Restaurant!  They are awesome and a must try!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corn Dogs - by Sandra Lee

INGREDIENTS

1 Egg
1 (10oz) package of corn muffin mix
3/4 C Milk
2 packets spaghetti sauce spice seasoning mix
1/2 C all purpose flour
12 reduced fat beef hot dogs
Vegetable oil for frying
12 wooden skewers

DIRECTIONS

In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, corn muffin mix, milk and 1 seasoning packet.  In a separate shallow dish, mix second seasoning packet and flour.  Insert wooden skewers halfway into hot dogs.

Heat oil to 360 degrees in a  deep fryer.  Dredge each beef frank in flour seasoning mix, dust off excess then dip into cornmeal batter.  Fry 2 to 3 corn dogs at a time for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.  Drain on paper towls.  Serve warm!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment